Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Paraiso has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Back Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 55
Dr. Paraiso did my 2nd fusion in my back. I was very comfortable with him. However since my surgery 2-15 I have numbness down my left side and asked for an emergency appt. instead I waited almost three weeks to c him. His assistant Katie came in to c me first and asked if I would b willing to have another surgery to fix the problem, absolutely was my answer. Then dr. P came in said he can't find anything wrong and there is nothing more he can do for me. What did Katie c in my scan that he didn't, also he said I no longer had scoliosis when the report in my hand clearly said I did. I pointed that out to him and he got defensive. Did he even read the report because I did while I was waiting. Then my pain managent dr makes me an appointment for emg with a dr with a one star rating. Dr. Sharma. Well that appt. was today and I cxl'd it quickly. Is there a payoff of some kind I wonder. Dr. P is one of the best surgeons that I have to b clear on but y refer me to best surgeon and then worst physiatrist.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. James J Paraiso accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentral Florida Spine Institute, 1500 SE Magnolia Ext Ste 104, Ocala, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Paraiso in this video.
Dr. James J Paraiso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.