Dr. James Pasternack Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Pasternack?

Dr Pasternack is Very Good, His Male Assistant However...RUDE!

Posted on May 17th, 2017

I have gone to Dr P for many years. He is courteous and friendly. His male assistant however is a reason I would switch doctors. His assistant was rude and not very professional when I expressed my discontent with a prior visit (due to wait time and pharmaceutical options), and the assistant was extremely rude when I did not follow the rules from the prior visit due to concerns regarding the medication and wanting a more natural choice of options. I still can't believe that he stated that "in his 17 years of doing this work, that he doesn't know anything about what to do (he was being sarcastic). I was furious. My health is important to me, as is my eye sight. When I express a concern about taking a drug of some sort, and wanting a more natural option, he should not make me feel that I am completely wrong at wanting that option. His reactions were awful, and his tone of voice was awful. If I do decide to go back to Dr Pasternack, I will be sure to ask that his male assistant stay away from me.

Posted on February 1st, 2016

my only negative would be the wait time. Dr. Pasternak was pleasant and calm and explained everything to me.

Excellent cataract surgeon

Posted on December 30th, 2015

If your vision has been declining due to cataracts, do not hesitate to have cataract surgery by Dr. Pasternack. He and his staff do a great job explaining the options and procedures. Great follow-up care.

Unprofessional experience.

Posted on November 24th, 2015

During a recent follow-up visit to Dr. Pasternack's office in Windsor, CT, I had to leave his office after waiting over an hour without ever being seen by the doctor. After returning to the doctor's office later the same day and waiting another 20 minutes, I was finally seen by Dr. Pasternack in a brief visit that lasted about 5 minutes. Instead of offering any apology for the inconvenience, I was surprised when the doctor told me that I "complained too much" about a bad eye infection that left me with impaired vision. Dr. Pasternack added that I "still had one good eye" and he did not even acknowledge my concern when I advised him that I had experienced a sharp eye pain in my infected eye since my last visit. The doctor suggested that I simply needed to "give it more time", but when I asked him about a follow up visit he replied that "he didn't need to see me again." As an Ophthalmologist, Dr. Pasternack may be considered a specialist, but he honestly did nothing more than prescribe an oral antibiotic to treat my condition. I am fortunate that I am relatively healthy and do not require many doctor visits, but in all my years I have never experienced a more unprofessional attitude from any medical practitioner. I rarely take the time to write online reviews, but I felt compelled to write this review with the hope that it might save others the same frustration I experienced with Dr. Pasternack. My advice would be to seek medical help elsewhere from a more professional doctor who understands what it means to care for a patient.

Posted on February 17th, 2017