Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James W Penuel Jr
Dr. James W Penuel Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Myers, FL. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Penuel is affiliated with Lehigh Regional Medical Center and Cape Coral Hospital. Dr. Penuel has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James W Penuel Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Showing 5 of 24
Dr Penuel was one of the most impressive physicians I have ever met, and I spent 25 years in the pharmaceutical industry interacting with physicians of all specialties. I met him after being admitted to Health Park from the ER and he sat down, asked me questions, listened to my situation and then gave me his assessment based on his vast experience and knowledge. And then he took extra time & effort to reassure me and my husband and to alleviate our fears of what might be! Our next two interactions with him, before and after my procedure, we were equally as impressed with his compassion, confidence and knowledge. I can't imagine there is a better Gastroenterologist!
Wonderful caring Doctor and office staff
Dr. Penuel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. James W Penuel Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDigestive Health Physicians, 7152 Coca Sabal Ln, Fort Myers, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James W Penuel Jr in this video.
Dr. James W Penuel Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.