Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James T Peterson
Dr. James T Peterson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Family Medicine. Dr. Peterson is affiliated with Primary Children's Medical Center. Dr. Peterson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James T Peterson has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James T Peterson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Excellent doctor. Caring and compassionate, willing to spend time answering questions. Returns phone calls and test results promptly, and in person if test results are abnormal. Willing to do what is necessary to get to the bottom of a problem. I see more of him than of his staff who, as far as I can tell are competent and caring as well.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Peterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. James T Peterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFoothill Family Clinic, 2295 S Foothill Dr, Salt Lake City, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James T Peterson in this video.
Dr. James T Peterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.