Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James D Pharaoh has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
Showing 5 of 8
I saw this doctor three times in 2013. I had breast cancer which he knew of. Breast cancer can go to the lungs. It is not lung cancer but breast cancer cells gone to the lungs. Still as a specialist he should know what that looks like. Telling me it had nothing to do with my breast cancer. Sure enough it was cancer. Back to my oncologist who also was trusting in Dr. Pharaohs opinion. Next was chemo. Now doing well and I know should not look back but in looking back I think he should of known what he was looking at in my CT scan. Then he had a staff member call and tell me when he should have called me. Anyways thank goodness my oncologist didn't waste any more months and did other test and I already got he news before Pharaoh's office called. Maybe he should go back to medical school to learn what cancer looks like in the lungs.
DR PHARAH IS A EXCELLENT DOCTOR HE TREATED MY DAD IN THE SPECIALITY HOSPITAL. HE GOT HIM OFF THE RESPIRATOR. AND KEPT HIM ALIVE FOR FOR 3 MORE MONTH THAN WE EXPECTED. HE SPENDS TIME WITH HIS PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES. HE EXPLAINS AND LAYS EVERY THING OUT HERE GOOD AND BAD. HE WAS ALWAYS THERE WHEN NEEDED TO MAKE MY DAD AS COMFROTABLE AND AS HEALTHY AS HE COULD BE AT THAT TIME. THANK GOD FOR DR.'S LIKE HIM
Dr. Pharaoh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. James D Pharaoh accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStatcare Pulmonary Consultants, 2240 Sutherland Ave Ste 103, Knoxville, TN
Dr. James D Pharaoh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.