The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Pica has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
Showing 5 of 16
Since I can't give zero stars, I guess I have to give one.The "doctor" never introduced himself; no coat with name; no identifying badge. Quick procedure after less than two or three minute evaluation...still not certain it was not the maintenance man who did my procedure. How would I know??? Staff person did not introduce herself, did not acknowledge I was even in the room, (guess I should have left my body part and picked it up when they were done). She walked in facing me, turned her back to me, opened a sterile pack and then touched the instruments with her hands! Did have me sign a brief consent which seemed to irritate her that I took the time to read it. No one asked if I was allergic to the anesthesia they used. I filled out a brief office form with a fill in your allergies space, but how would they know if I had forgotten that important one they were about to use?? I don't think anyone, either this "maintenance man" or his assistant wore gloves. I DO know about a patient they were seeing later in the afternoon and what they are doing tonight after work as that was more important than a possible allergic reaction. NO discussion of what to expect post procedure, possible complications, etc. No directions on what to do if a problem occurs. Wham, bam , thank you maam; chart supposedly reviewed, evaluated, treated (no blood pressure taken despite epinephrine use...did they ask or know about my heart...NO!) in ten minutes total! SO UNPROFESSIONAL; NO BEDSIDE MANNER...my apologies to maintenance men who I'm certain are much more professional.
Dr. Pica is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Geisinger Health System
Dr. James E Pica accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStuart Allen Glasser Md, 916 Green St, Greensburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James E Pica in this video.
Dr. James E Pica is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensburg, PA.