Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Pierre-Louis has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I had only met this Dr. for my epidural before giving birth just the other day. This is not my first epidural and I recall exactly how it went the last time with a different Dr. at Overlook in Summit NJ. He had to puncture my spine 6 times (at least that I could count by the wholes in my back)and all were painful and unsuccessful. The last time he inserted the needle was to place the catheter and I knew immediately that it wasn't going to work. In fact I gave birth without any anesthetic even though I told him it wasn't working while he was waiting for the sedation/numbness to kick in. It would have been my right to ask for another Dr. so its my fault essentially for the outcome. I would highly suggest that if he were to walk in your delivery room, to ask for someone else.
Dr. Pierre-Louis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. James Pierre-Louis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSummit Anesthesia Associates, 33 Overlook Rd Ste 311, Summit, NJ
Dr. James Pierre-Louis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Summit, NJ.