Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Pogue
Dr. James Pogue, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Pogue is affiliated with St Thomas Hospital, Psychiatric Hospital at Vanderbilt and Hickman Community Health Services. He speaks English.
Dr. James Pogue has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 34
Dr Pogue is a very caring and special dr . I would recommend him for anyone that has unusual or extraordinary situations cuz he is usually right on ...it's amazing I have been very happy with the care I've received . I have to say that for my family he has been a wonderful asset and I hope he has a long prosperous career because I plan on being a patient for life
dr. pogue is a excellant doctor ! the wait times are a little long at times...but only because he takes the time to listen and try to help any way he can !he has helped me with my asthma,,and has brung down my blood pressure dramaticly !the reason his patients like him so much is because HE CARES ! I would reccomend him highly to friends and family....he is a highly skilled doctor who i am glad to be with.
Dr. Pogue is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Thomas Hospital
Psychiatric Hospital at Vanderbilt
Hickman Community Health Services
Centennial Med Ctr -Park, Nashville, Tn
19 Years Experience
Graduated in 1994
Dr. James Pogue accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions5552 Franklin Pike, Nashville, TN
Dr. James Pogue is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.