Have you seen Dr. James H Prieto?

lied about my condition/infection after surgery

i had colon resection surgery performed by dr prieto on may 29 2011. the surgery lasted approx 8 hrs..dr prieto told me it was because he wanted to make sure he had not missed anything (lie). this type of surgery should have taken approx 2 to 3 hrs. When he released me from the hosp i told him i did not feel well that i felt sick and told him to look at my stomach it was bloated. he told me it was the trauma of the surgery (lie). on april 12 i went to his office as per his appmt . as soon as he saw me he said "you look sick" i told him i"ve been telling you something was not right because i have been feeling very sick. dr prieto removed the stitches and said he was going to order some tests. as i was getting instructions from the nurse my wound opened up and a lot of fluid with a foul odor came out. i was stabalized by dr prieto and he personally took me to dt baptish hosp. where i was admitted. i was immediated put on massive doses of intravenous antibiotics. i repeatedly asked him if i had an infection and his answer was always i"m just being cautious just in case (lie). i was transferred to a acute care hosp and continued with the antibiotics for another i believe almost 2 wks. while in this hosp i was told that the massive infection (that dr prieto said i did not have) had cause a quite large hernia. I asked dr prieto about this and he said "you might have a small hernia but it can be easily taken care of (another lie) I asked him why the sides of my stomach were bulging out he said it was just normal after surgery that they will eventually go away (lie) I still have this condition --a ct scan ordered by another doctor several months later reveal a Diastases of the rectus muscles persists. A large ventral hernia was repaired on Sept 25 2012 by another surgeon who told me inflammation still exists due to inflammation caused by a massive infection. I repeatedly asked dr prieto what had caused the surgical dihesence he gave me numerous answers (lies) but would not admit an infection. 8 hrs in surgery for a colon resection is way too long according to other surgeons I spoke to--it raises a red flag that something went wrong--dr prieto had first attempted laproscopic surgery but then went to open incision surgery. It took me 2 yrs and another surgery to heal but I was still left restricted. Dr james prieto was very good at nice-guying my late wife and me but at the same time he was very untruthful with his information. USE CAUTION WITH WHAT HE TELLS YOU!!!!!!! lg

Great staff

Dr. Prieto is awesome and knowledgeable, he takes his time and treats me like family. I will refer him to others seeking healthcare assistance.

Dr. Preito

After seeing you and your caring nature with my wife I decided to have a colonoscopy with Dr. Preito, which doctors have been after me to have it done for 23 years. I have and will refer customers in the future.

My experience with Dr. James Prieto MD was nothing short of professional. The office staff is very organized and structure with each healthcare team member dedicated to the patient.

This man literally saved my life.

Great Doctor

Dr. Prieto made me feel that he was fully knowledgeable in his field and that he knew exactly what needed to be done in my circumstance. I felt at ease with him standing as my physician for the surgery I required. He took the time to speak with me at length on my first visit to answer any and al questions about what was needed. He is soft spoken and calm which helped erase my trepidation about the coming procedure.

Best Choice

Dr. Prieto is one of the best doctors I have encountered. He is very welcoming, understanding, modest, and explains things thoroughly. He respects his patients greatly.

Excellent Doctor who cares about his patients.

Excellent doctor but very expensive if you have so so insurance. But he did a great job on my colonoscopy

Very nice staff and very helpful.

happy patient/daughther

I myself saw Dr. Prieto when I was having stomach issues. he is a very caring and wonderful doctor who I can tell loves his career of choice and his patient. He's also treated my mother and through all the process he was available for questions and just supportive through the hard times. Without him my mother would not have been here or had such a great healing process. I thank him dearly.

MRS

Dr. Prieto is very professional and courteous. He gives me his undivided attention and answers any questions or concerns regarding my condition. His staff is very pleasant and helpful.

Dr. James H Prieto is similar to the following 1 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.

Dr. James H Prieto Is this you?