Is Dr. James Q Atkinson III the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Q Atkinson III
Dr. James Q Atkinson III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Medford, NJ. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Atkinson is affiliated with Virtua Health Of Berlin. Dr. Atkinson has received 6 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. James Q Atkinson III has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James Q Atkinson III has the following 60 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
- EOL Care
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Intestinal Diseases
- Anxiety Disorders
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Smoking Cessation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Stomach Diseases
- Sprains and Strains
- Urinary Retention
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Lyme Disease
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Memory Disorders
- Urinary Incontinence
- Peptic Ulcer
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
Dr. James Q Atkinson III is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Q Atkinson III - Posted on April 1st, 2018
I've been a paitiant of Dr Atkinson's for several years. The Dr. and his staff are second to none. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a Dr. He's kind, understanding, and is the best general practitioner I've ever had. His staff is kind, understanding and helpful. Several family members have been patients before moving to the Carolinas. They were the ones who recommended Dr. A, I've been a happy paitiant ever since. Thanks Dr A, Pat, Sharon, Deb, and Alexis.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Q Atkinson III - Posted on May 20th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Q Atkinson III - Posted on April 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Q Atkinson III - Posted on September 22nd, 2013
Women Should Not See Him
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Q Atkinson III - Posted on April 11th, 2013
Regional Top Doctors
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2013)
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2014)
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Dr. Atkinson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. James Q Atkinson III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. James Q Atkinson III
James Atkinson, MD, of Medford, New Jersey, joins ARMC's Department of Medicine. Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal and geriatric medicine, he earned his Medical Doctor degree at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ), Newark, New Jersey. Atkinson completed his residency in internal medicine at Cooper Hospital-University Medical Center, Camden, New Jersey. Atkinson practices with Brigantine Medical Group, Brigantine, New Jersey.For assistance in obtaining the earliest possible appointment, call 1-888-569-1000.If after hours, Request a Callback from a service representative.
Locations & DirectionsATKINSON INTERNAL MEDICINE, 180 Tuckerton Rd Ste 1, Medford, NJ
Dr. James Q Atkinson III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Medford, NJ.