Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James R Brennan MD
Dr. James R Brennan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. James R Brennan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James R Brennan has the following 15 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 4 of 4
He doesnt like certain type people
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Brennan - Posted on April 23rd, 2019
Get another doc and office
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Brennan - Posted on November 11th, 2015
He had theory that wasn't right and then told me he couldn't help me without even looking at anything else. I didn't fit into his cookie cutter theory, so he pushed me along to another doctor instead of even trying to help me. The same thing happened to a friend in the same office by another docs around the same time.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Brennan - Posted on May 7th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Brennan - Posted on November 3rd, 2010
I recently started seeing him for the possibility of Graves disease. He seems to be caring and not the "I know it all type" So far he has explored my symptoms to ensure the right diagnosis. He wasn't in and out, he actually went over everything with me. Which sets him apart from alot of other doctors. The only complaint I have is that I live a hour away. Other than that he's great!
39 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. James R Brennan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLAUREL ENDOCRINE ASSOCIATES PA, 1740 Saint Julian Pl, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Brennan, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Columbia, SC, in this video.
Dr. James R Brennan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbia, SC.