Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Brennan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 5 of 12
He had theory that wasn't right and then told me he couldn't help me without even looking at anything else. I didn't fit into his cookie cutter theory, so he pushed me along to another doctor instead of even trying to help me. The same thing happened to a friend in the same office by another docs around the same time.
I recently started seeing him for the possibility of Graves disease. He seems to be caring and not the "I know it all type" So far he has explored my symptoms to ensure the right diagnosis. He wasn't in and out, he actually went over everything with me. Which sets him apart from alot of other doctors. The only complaint I have is that I live a hour away. Other than that he's great!
38 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. James R Brennan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLaurel Endocrine Associates Pa, 1740 Saint Julian Pl, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Brennan in this video.
Dr. James R Brennan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.