Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Carroll has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Carroll is the kindest, most compassionate doctor I know. He treats me like a personal friend. He cares about my feelings and he cares about helping me live a more active life without pain and discomfort. Sometimes, it is necessary for him to refer me to specialists to diagnosis and/or treat health issues that he doesn't specialize in, but he has never referred me to a doctor who wasn't excellent in his field. As good as they all have been, though, they don't compare to him in bedside manner. Doctor Carroll's bedside manner is the best ever! He's a great listener who makes me feel good in his presence, no matter what my health complaints are at the time of my visit. He is knowledgeable about everything! I don't know how one person can know so much about so much, but he is blessed in that way and I always feel like I am in good hands when I am with him. Dr. Carroll is a very patient, caring doctor who makes me feel better every time I leave his office. I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Carroll.
Dr. Carroll has been a God send to me. He is the only Dr. in 12 years that could diagnose & treat my bi polar condition. All other Dr's. in myrtle beach, north myrtle beach, surfside & pawleys couldn't figure it out in 12 years!!!! He went above & beyond to help me day or night & took my emergency calls at home!!!! My great grandfather was the only other Dr.that ever practiced this way!!! I'm 38 now so that was quite awhile back, Dr. Carroll is an astounding Dr.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Dr. James R Carroll accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James R Carroll is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mullins, SC.