Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Harrington has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I am 75 years old and have lived in several major cities east of the Mississippi, including Chicago & NYC areas. "Rusty" Harrington is the best MD my wife & I have been attended by. He takes all the time necessary with us, follows up on visits, coordinates our care (we are pretty healthy, fortunately!) with specialists, and takes a personal interest in us. We have referred friends & neighbors to his practice and they share our enthusiasm. We are healthier for his wise and thoughtful care.
Dr. Harrington will say whatever he belives will comfort a "patient", not follow through. Then ultimately undermine them with his inability to see the truth, and unwillingness to go against the system. That which is SCARY. Beware, he may have some skills, but he is here, in limited practice, and well....I'll stop for fear of editing and legal recourse. If you want to be insulted, humiliated, doubted, and lead to...go! If not do your reseach, and go elsewhere. My situation will be resolved, CSM and a wonderful JD who believes in a pricipal and understands instead of dismissing. So glad I learned what I did. To think I reffered my Mom to this "person", thank god this happened.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2009, 2014, 2008, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
19 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. James R Harrington accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James R Harrington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, GA.