Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Harris has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Disorders
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have used Dr. James Harris for trigger finger release surgery on both hands in 2008 and total knee replacement on right knee in 2016 and left knee in 2017. He helped me put off the knee replacements for several years with meds and therapy. I have had great results from his medical abilities. I have recommended him to several friends and relatives that have also been helped get through their medical needs. I also like that he tells it like it is, no sugar coating!
DR. JAMES "Jim" HARRIS IS A VERY COMPASSIONATE CHRISTIAN PHYSICIAN WHO CLEARLY CARES ABOUT THE TOTAL HEALTH OF HIS PATIENTS. WAITING TIME IN THE OFFICE IS MINIMAL AND THE STAFF ARE PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS. HE IS VERY CONSERVATIVE ABOUT RECOMMENDING SURGERY AND ONLY AFTER LESS INVASIVE TREATMENTS HAVE NOT WORKED.
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. James R Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAzalea Orthopedics And Sports Medicine, 3414 Golden Rd, Tyler, TX
Dr. James R Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.