Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Holmes has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James R Holmes has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
Dr. James R Holmes has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James R Holmes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Holmes seemed to not want to deal my situation; told me I needed physical therapy, then discounted what the physical therapist said regarding something missing in MRI because of my increased pain for over 5 months. A bone scan showed possible signs of fracture. I don't believe doctor Holmes even looked at my MRI or the updated reports. I went to a second surgeon to get another opinion and was told I needed surgery to "tighten up the ligaments," who referred me to the one of the best ankle guys in Ann Arbor - Dr. Holmes. Obviously, since I already had frustrations with Dr. Holmes I plan to go elsewhere. I felt I was not taken seriously. I'm not sure why, but I sensed an arrogance that was uncalled for. I hope he doesn't treat all his patients like this. I wasn't questioning his intelligence, but was an advocate for my own healthcare and wanted answers.
I have been a patient of Dr. Holmes for 10 yrs now. Due to a car accident my ankle was totally mangled along with my heel. Most surgeon's I spoke with said they wouldn't touch me, I would never walk again, just amputate. Dr. Holmes asked if I was ready for a partnership to get me back on my own 2 feet. When my response was yes, Dr. Holmes said, we can do it. He is very motivating & honest! In my eyes, he will always 'walk on water' in my eyes!
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. James R Holmes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Holmes in this video.
Dr. James R Holmes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.