Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James R Margolis
Dr. James R Margolis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coral Gables, FL, with another office in Miami, FL. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Margolis is affiliated with Aventura Hospital & Medical Center. Dr. Margolis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James R Margolis has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Margolis isn't perfect by any means, but he is most definitely an EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!! He takes the time to carefully review patient files EACH TIME he sees the patient, he listens and takes an interest in making the right or best diagnosis he can with the experience he has...considering the specific patient's care needs. He takes his profession seriously and to heart...something MANY other doctors seriously lack today. Being a good physician, someone that actually makes a difference in the life of his patients is MUCH MORE than just having good bedside manner. This guy knows his stuff and uses it well. No one can take that away.... no matter how they feel about him as a person.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Margolis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
54 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1964
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. James R Margolis accepts the following insurance providers.
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Margolis in this video.
Dr. James R Margolis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coral Gables, FL.