Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Parker has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
Was told at appointment that if I wanted to actually see the doctor that it would be another 2 weeks (frozen shoulder for me, lots of pain), or that I could see the PA, Joe. Both times saw Joe. Felt like I was in an assembly line, with them going through the motions to satisfy my insurance company. Not once showed or spoke to me about the xrays or mri. And, forget about getting pain medicine....they think your a druggie if you ask for it....they even check your urine for drugs on your first visit. After 2 visits......I fired them.
Dr. Parker should not get away with all the harm he has done to his patients! I have gotten an attorney and am starting a malpractice claim. While replacing my husbands shoulder, he broke his humerous bone due to excessive pressure. He tried to fix it with metal plates, screws and rings. It didn't work and 3 months later my husband had to have surgery to fix the sloppy job Dr. Parker did. Unfortunately we let Dr. Parker do the repair since he is the one that broke it! I still had hope in the Doctor. I was so WRONG!!! This 2nd surgery didn't work and let my husband in extreme pain and malformation of his upper arm and shoulder. My primary Doctor has put my husband on morphine and other drugs to try to give him some relief. This has been a nightmare...One of major things that also bothered me was that Dr. Parker didn't even wait around to tell my husband that his arm was broken. The Doctor left me with informing my husband about it. Dr. Parker's PA told my husband that they had also sliced into a nerve and that they were worried that my husband would windup with Balls Palsy. Communication with the office was such a poor quality. Most of the post op appointments were with his PAs. The Doctor has a problem with being honest and feels he is above having to deal directly with the patient. I miss my husband....he is now in so much pain that his personality has changed. Run in the oposite direction if anyone refers you to this Doctor. Just don't give up if you are a previous patient....there are Attorneys in Texas that will take you case.
22 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. James R Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBarnhill Sports Medicine, 7000 SW 9th Ave, Amarillo, TX
Dr. James R Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.