More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
He will sit down and listen to every one of my concerns about my daughter. He's very friendly, and my daughter loves him. The nurses, assistants, and receptionist are all very friendly. I love that this clinic is a teaching clinic, my daughter gets to see two doctors at once, and it helps her to get used to having to see different people in that setting. I really do like this doctor. :)
Sadly Dr. Smith has just lost 2 patients due to office policy's. His office ONLY does well child exams in the morning, and this just does not always work out for us when children are in school ect. There are NO exceptions to this rule. So, beware if a morning well child exam does not work for your family, I would consider another office. So sad about this, as he is a GREAT doctor and my kids do like him. Just cant get in to see him :( Sadly, I would not recommend this offce, search elsewhere.
Dr. Smith began w/just one of my children and is now seeing three of them. From the first visit, I was so impressed at how sincerely he talked to the children, and not at them (or me). He genuinely seems to care about not just their physical but mental health as well. When complications have come up, I have been able to leave him a message and he has faithfully gotten back to me either personally or through a nurse on the same day. He patiently considers the fears, insecurities, and comfort level of the kids. Honestly, I have never been more impressed with a pediatrician. I wish he saw adults too!
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Locations & DirectionsJames Robert Smith Md, 409 S Mill St, Manning, SC
Dr. James R Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Manning, SC.