Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Thayer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
Not independent, not competent to perform evaluations for substance use disorders (he is an alcoholic in 12-step recovery, he is frequently used by professional licensing boards to diagnose substance use disorders in return for more board referrals -- and for a lucrative fee charged to the patient, and he is incapable of impartial determination of alcoholism/addiction in others because of these facts).
36 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. James R Thayer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMultnomah County Health Dept, 426 SW Stark St Ste 700, Portland, OR
Dr. James R Thayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.