Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Race has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 18
I have been a Patient of Dr. Race for 8 plus years. I have been trying to make an appointment for the last 2 weeks, and each time I called I spoke to a young lady named Jackie Compiano. This young lady is the front desk receptionist and she is VERY RUDE!!! I have never encountered a person so unprofessional, ghetto, rude, and VERY DISRESPECTFUL in my life. She is not trained at all. I was told that the Doctor put out the office manager so therefore things were in a disarray and there was no one in charge. I don't think that is something to tell a patient. She was very impatient when speaking to as if I was interrupting her or taking to long. SHE IS VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!
This office is a joke. Upon arrival for my new patient visit, the receptionist could not find my appointment. She indicated they had a "new system", which may have resulted in the mishap. She offered to reschedule me for an appointment 3 weeks into the future. After expressing my need to be seen, she managed to fit me in with the nurse whom felt it was okay to use curse words, have a personal conversation with her coworker, and tell me about her young boyfriend and family issues. Dr. Race was on vacation throughout this visit. I finally was able to visit with Dr. Race on a later occassion, of which he apologized for their lack of professionalism. He then rushed through my appointment, did not give me any follow up instructions. Beware!! The wait times are excessive, small waiting area and unprofessional staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Southside Medical Center
Dr. James E Race accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James E Race in this video.
Dr. James E Race is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.