Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James P Rathmell has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
i saw Dr. Rathmell once. It was during a very painful time in my life. He stood with his arms folded, back against the wall, during my appointment & spoke to my husband, as if I wasn't in the room! He made no attempt to act as if he cared about my medical problems, which I found out months later were VERY serious. He was negative, defensive, and contradicted me when I told him about a side effect of a medication I had taken months prior. It was totally bizarre! Needless to say, I did not go back. I had given him the names of providers I had seen. Later, THREE of them told me that they received letters from him. ALL 3 doctors recommended that I NOT see him again, and said that the letters were filled with spelling and grammatical errors. He came across as a very uncaring man, with a huge ego, and spoke to my husband more than me....as if I were a CHILD! I don't care what his degrees are, he should be in a lab doing research somewhere, NOT dealing with patients!
Dr. Rathmell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. James P Rathmell accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames Phillip Rathmell Md, 75 Francis St # BB125, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James P Rathmell in this video.
Dr. James P Rathmell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.