Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James E Ratliff
Dr. James E Ratliff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Ratliff is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital, Memorial Regional Medical Center and Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest. He speaks English.
Dr. James E Ratliff has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I have been seeing Dr. Ratliff for over 10 years since first going to him regarding a fairly serious badder condition which required fairly serious surgery. He is extremely through in his explanation of exams. Although I have moved 90 miles away, I continue to drive to Richmond to see him because I value his knowledge of my situation and staff is very nice to deal with.
Dr. Ratliff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. James E Ratliff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Urology Center, 9105 Stony Point Dr, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James E Ratliff in this video.
Dr. James E Ratliff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.