Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James M Retmier
Dr. James M Retmier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Twin Falls, ID. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Retmier is affiliated with St Lukes Magic Valley Regional Medical Center. Dr. Retmier has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James M Retmier has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Since he saved me the use of my fingers as a small child, when he noticed in passing that another Dr in the ER had cast my broken wrist so badly it was causing nerve damage, Dr Retmier has been my go to guy for any ortho problem. He never talks down to me, and treats me as a fellow scientist, which few other doctors do. Best doctor I know.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Retmier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. James M Retmier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSaint Lukes Clinic, 738 N College Rd Ste A, Twin Falls, ID
Dr. James M Retmier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Twin Falls, ID.