Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James D Rifenbery MD
Dr. James D Rifenbery has the following 1 specialty
Dr. James D Rifenbery has the following 8 expertise
- Endocrine Disorders
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Parathyroid Diseases
Showing 3 of 3
Outstanding Services- Minimal Invasive Surgery
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Rifenbery - Posted on July 13th, 2016
In 2005, I was always feeling sick to my tummy, weak, and fatigued. Little did I know that I was experiencing "Hiatal Hernia" and "Gall Bladder" issues. I was referred to Dr. James Rifenberry by my previous Primary Doctor, Dr. John Fuchs. At first, I was a little skeptical, but as I visited Dr. Rifenberry's office from time to time, I felt like I had found me the "Best" outstanding GI surgery Doctor in the North West. If it wasn't for his time, understanding, follow up tests, and diagnosis, I would not be alive today. My recent new GI doctors are still unable to figure out what to do about my symptoms, due to a different insurance, I was not able to go back to my wonderful amazing miracle hands and outstanding Doctor, Dr. James Rifenberry. I am praying each and every day to hopefully one day, I would be able to get the same insurance that he accepts nowadays. Thank you, Dr. Rifenberry for allowing me to live another 10 years through the grace of our good Lord! Amen...
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Rifenbery - Posted on April 11th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Rifenbery - Posted on December 1st, 2011
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. James D Rifenbery Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. James D Rifenbery
Dr. Rifenbery does NOT do bariatric surgery.
Locations & DirectionsCENTER FOR MINIMALLY INVASIVE, 1802 Yakima Ave Ste 202, Tacoma, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James D Rifenbery, MD - Surgery in Tacoma, WA, in this video.
Dr. James D Rifenbery is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.