Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James S Burke Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James S Burke Jr has the following 15 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
Dr. James S Burke Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I injured my knee from a fall and it had filled up with fluid. I called to get an appointment with with Dr. Burke and was told that I would need to see the P.A. The P.A. drained a lot of bloody fluid off of my knee and informed me that I would potentially have to come back several times to have more fluid drained. This went on for over a year. My knee was still bruised, tender to touch, and as soon as fluid was drained within a day or two it was filled with fluid again. After a year and having it drained four times, I called the office and told them that I really wanted to see Dr. Burke. When he came into the room he was very rude. He no bedside manner whatsoever. He asked me what he could do for me and when I tried to explain to him what was going on with my knee he dismissed it and immediately wanted to schedule surgery. I felt like he wouldn't let me talk, he didn't listen to anything I tried to tell him. He made me feel like I was a hypochondriac. When he was finished he just walked out of the room without saying anything. He was the rudest doctor I have ever gone to and I will NEVER go back to him.
I was diagnosed incorrectly.....I did not need a knee replacement. I waited over an hour in the waiting room. I was not able to see him . I was told I should see the nurse practitioner and " get the shots" before I should see him. I saw him briefly when he gave me shots because the nurse was on vacation... He hardly spoke to me except to say, " if the shots don't work, you need a knee replacement". This from a doctor I had never even spoken to. I just went to another doctor who told me the arthritis in my knee isn't very bad at all. He is treating me without surgery. My knee feels better already. Dr Burke does way more than the national average of knee replacements, if what I read on line is correct. So if you see him and he recommends surgery, you should get an opinion from another doctor. Oh , and it took his office two weeks to confirm that my insurance company would pay for my shots. I called them and it was confirmed in five minutes. In my opinion, this place is bad news.
When I woke up from my ankle surgery to remove hardware, I felt like I had been butchered by a N*zi Dr.! I continued to have severe pain for a week, went back for a follow-up appt. to address the pain, and was told by Dr. James Burke that I "just needed to get over it ". Those aren't the exact words, but this review site won't allow me to put in the words he really used! After my husband and I insisted on further investigation, it was discovered that I had developed RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) a very painful nerve condition, and had to do 8 weeks of physical therapy. My husband went with me to my 2nd visit to Dr. Burke, and had a few choice words for him! Dr. Burke's arrogant attitude suddenly became humble, and he apologized to us for speaking to me that way. If you are a woman considering this Dr., I advise you to take a strong minded man along with you when you visit him. Dr. Burke is a bad choice for a surgeon. P.S. He also didn't have the right tools to remove my ankle screws, and had to send someone to St. John's Hospital while I'm lying on the operating table.
He was very nice and he did an excellent job on the surgery and I hardly have any scars!
29 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. James S Burke Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James S Burke Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.