Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Carpenter has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 29
I have seen Dr. Carpenter for the past several years and just today went in again. When I call for an appt. if the phones are busy I just leave my number and they call you back as if you were in the loop. It usually is about 10-15 minutes and I don't wait on the phone. This Dr. has always believed what I have said about what I am believe is happening and calls for tests that have been accurate. His staff is the best and never never rushes me with questions I may have.
Overall, Dr. Carpenter is an excellent physician. He does take the time to listen, makes the correct diagnosis, and seems to be up-to-date on required tests. However, if you would like an immediate explanation about something that sends a red flag on your test results, you are out of luck. You have to wait until your next appointment (sometimes as long as 6 months later) to receive the explanation. In addition, when you tell Dr. Carpenter that you did not receive any information from a previous visit about a specific matter, he will get "snippy" and tell you he did indeed give it to you. I found out after my appointment that the staff at the front desk or his nurse was suppose to have PRINTED the information and given it to me.
He is a fine physician. The behavior of the support staff seems to be a function of the neighborhood. I heard them fight with a patient and then gossip about him in language audible to the entire waiting room. All this while eating and drinking in view of those in the waiting room. People behaving this way seems acceptable in west Phoenix/Glendale. I suspect they wouldn't survive in Scottsdale. When I objected to their behavior I was dismissed from the practice. I have found that the level of service I receive anywhere is related to the class of the client base, which in turn is related to neighborhood in which the business is located. As in real estate, location, location, location.
Dr. Carpenter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
Banner Thunderbird BHC
17 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1996
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. James Carpenter accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions5620 W Thunderbird Rd, Glendale, AZ
Dr. James Carpenter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.