Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James S Cole has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Cole's office poorly managed medications provided to my mother which landed us in the hospital for three days. They threw meds at her like it was candy without thinking about how the meds worked together. 11 meds in all he gave her. The meds made her sodium crash out to seizure level and BP was at stroke level. His nurses, PA and him are all ridiculous! We now have a new doctor that at first glance saw the issues with her medication. I would never recommend this doctor or his office.
Dr cole is certainly an excellent doctor, but he is way overloaded in patients. It takes me at least a month to get in for anything, unless I want to see the nurse practitioner. It is not that I don't think nurse practitioners are capable but I would like to see my actual doctor from time to time without having to wait months and months. One of their nurses knows get stuff but isn't so nice the other one is sweet but kinda dense...wait tone is unreal, but the staff is nice and it is very clean...just wish dr cole wasn't so bogged down with more patients than he could handle so people could actually get the benefits if his skills. Sad to say but after spending my childhood and young adulthood in his care I will have to change if I want a doctor I see more than once every few years
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2014, 2008, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cole is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1984
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. James S Cole accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCityview Family Physicians, 5701 Bryant Irvin Rd Ste 201, Fort Worth, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James S Cole in this video.
Dr. James S Cole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.