Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James S Ellis
Dr. James S Ellis, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Waxahachie, TX. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Ellis is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Dr. Ellis has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James S Ellis has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Ellis is a really good dr. He is compassionate and spends the time needed to hear you out and give you his best opinion on what he believes are your best options. However, his staff is very unprofessional and have a hard time returning phone calls. I had called them 5 times in 3 days trying to get some info from Dr. Ellis and could not get a call back.
Dr Ellis is awesome. He accepts a lot of insurance that other specialists won't and has a lot of resources available to his patients that can't pay. Because of this, yes, the waits at his office are on the long side, but he doesn't make you feel rushed when he's talking to you, and he's one of the few doctors I've come across that seems like he actually cares about what he does. I would recommend this doctor to anyone and I hope he keeps up the good work.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ellis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. James S Ellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James S Ellis in this video.
Dr. James S Ellis is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Dallas, TX.