Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James S Hawkins has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James S Hawkins has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Spinal Stenosis
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
Dr. James S Hawkins has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James S Hawkins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Not your typical surgeon--he cares, he listens, he follows your progress through the hospital, rehab, and physical therapy and calls to correct any problems you encounter. A great surgeon with terrific assistants, great staff, and the Banner hospitals have been wonderful. He's given me a life again--literally.
Came in after no one could treat me at the Phoenix VA. This is by far the worst Medical Experience I have ever had at the VA or the private sector. The care here is very POOR. Waited 2.5 hrs, with an appointment while other paitents were seen that had missed theor appointment earlier in the day. They had Lost, dis not have, my MRI"S and tried to play it off. I am unable to move. This joker pops in after 2.5 hrs and says "what's the problem" are you kidding me. I had been referred for the VA Hospital with 2 surgery chits to take care of my problem. He told me "you're fine" this after I heard him outside the office worrying about how is was going to get paid from the VA. What is worrying about. He DOES NOTHING. I take 10mg of Percocet 3x a day and Morphine Sulfate. In all this pain. This QUACK tells me to take an Aleve. I am a Desert Strom Veteran with Service related problems and this guy was my last hope and he tells me to take an alleve. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE if you want even basic care. This guy has a god complex and is very smug and a disgrace.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. James S Hawkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArizona Spine Care, 9305 W Thomas Rd Ste 555, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James S Hawkins in this video.
Dr. James S Hawkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.