Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James B Saltz has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James B Saltz has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. James B Saltz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I have been going to Dr. Saltz for several years. Before Dr. Saltz I went to Dr. Justice. Dr. Saltz and his staff have been great! They show much concern about the health and welfare of me. Anytime I have an issue Dr. Saltz takes as much time as needed to fully discuss the issue and we come to a mutual agreement to any future treatments. He is a great individual and wonderful doctor.
We have an ailing mother (65 years old) whose health continues to decline. She can hardly walk and has many other ailments. My sibling and I went to her last appointment with her to see and talk to Dr Saltz. We asked for blood work and mentioned several symptoms she has been having. We pushed for several ROUTINE tests that hadn't been performed. I also asked him about maybe seeing about stay in a rehab facility to help her regain strength to be able to walk again without severe pain. His response was, "My brain is just too full. I can't think about this right now." What the heck? This is MY mother! I am a concerned family member! A test result did come back that showed an issue and he was concerned enough to send her into the hospital. BUT...he doesn't even see his patients in the hospital. He has another doctor who isnât even involved with the patients care at all. Obviously he isn't really concerned THAT much. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Saltz to anyone but the AMA. We are hoping to have her out of his "care" soon.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
34 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. James B Saltz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAshland Family Medicine Associates, 2222 Winchester Ave, Ashland, KY
Dr. James B Saltz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ashland, KY.