Dr. James Sapala Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Sapala?

Great man

Posted on September 23rd, 2016

LOVE Dr.Sapala so very much some of the staff could use an attitude adjustment but not a horrible experience

All these year later and.....

Posted on March 9th, 2015

I'm still going strong! Dr. Sapala performed my gastric bypass in 2002 at Detroit Riverview Hospital. His office was in Jackson, Michigan at the time. I started out at 365lbs and hit my goal at 137lbs! Dr. Sapala and his staff have stayed in contact with me, have assisted me and have encouraged me every step of the way! There hasn't been one single time when I felt the desire to complain or even whine about Dr. Sapala or his staff. Even when I had a bit of weight re-gain, Dr. Sapala's staff assisted me in getting "it" back together. This man has saved my life, for that I am so very grateful!

17+ YRS AFTER GASTRIC BY-PASS

Posted on September 13th, 2010

TODAY MY INTERNIST INQUIRED WHO HAD DONE MY WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY? DR.SAPALA IN THE JACKSON, MI LOCALE...THIS WAS IN 93? GIVE OR TAKE A YEAR. I AM NOW INTO MANY YEARS, MAINTAINING A VERY HEALTHY WEIGHT, NO BP, DIABETIC, OR OTHER BAD HEALTH CONCERNS...AND I AM 69.YRS OLD...SO I WAS NOT YOUNG WHEN I HAD THIS SURGERY. I LIKE TO BELIEVE I HAD PROBABLY THE BEST DOCTOR FOR THIS PROCEDURE....NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM HAPPY.

Posted on August 14th, 2010

If you are thinking of gastric by pass sugery, this is the doctor to go to. The reason he requires you to lose some weight before surgery is as a benefit to your health. Over weight people have what is known as fatty liver, the liver sits on top of your stomach, reducing the fat thru weight loss is a for your own good. Dr. Sapala is not a nut as stated by the other person. His staff will help you to lose the weight before surgery. Bypass is not for everyone. You have to be ready for a commitment including weight loss prior to surgery. My two cents.

A nut

Posted on March 18th, 2010

I went to him so a gastric bypass and he told me to lose 70lbs before the procedure and then gave me a surgical date 57days away. If I could lose 70lbs in 57 days I wouldn't need surgery would I.

Posted on June 23rd, 2009

Dr. Jim performed a gastric-bypass on me in 1993. In my opinion,there is not a better surgeon in the country. His is not only a doctor, he is also a friend. This friendship and his advice led my husband and I into a decision when faced with kidney cancer that ultimately saved my husband's life. We will be indebted to him for the rest of our lives. Keeping the weight off for these 16 yrs. has not been easy, but I am no where near the size that I was in 1993. I owe all of this to Dr. Jim. My feeling toward him is that feeling love of a family member and friend. I am a better person from having known him.

Posted on October 19th, 2016