Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Schreiber
Dr. James Schreiber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Schreiber is affiliated with Barnes Jewish Hospital and Missouri Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Schreiber has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I saw Dr. Schreiber a few years ago for infertility issues involving endometriosis, ovarian cysts and fibroids. At first, Dr. Schreiber seemed helpful and positive. I'd had a previous laparoscopic myomectomy; this was done by another doctor (out of state) and it definitely helped with pain. I asked Dr. Schreiber if getting a second laparoscopy might be an option and he was adamant that the "risks would outweigh the benefits." His solution was invitro for fertility or a partial hysterectomy for pain. These both would not work for me and I continued to ask about the laparoscopy; he would not budge. I started seeing him only when I was in pain because I was getting nowhere. Finally, just when I was about to give up hope, I decided to look up my OBGYN who did my first surgery. He was still in practice! I went to see him (my insurance covered the out of state cost) against Dr. Schreiber's advice and I had a second laparoscopy; I was scheduled to have a laparotomy, but the doctor opted to do only the laparoscopy since he knew I wanted to conceive. Unlike Dr. Schreiber, he was optimistic and told me that I'd go on to have "lots of babies." Three mths later, I was pregnant with my first of now three girls! My first little one just turned 6 on 5/1 and I have an almost 4yr. old and a 2 1/2 yr. old. It makes me sick to think about what would have happened had I taken Dr. Schreiber's advice. Dr. Schreiber is nice, but go against his "infallible" advice and you'll see another side of him. I had to see him for my post op, since I could not drive back out of state and he (Dr. Schreiber) berated me for doing the surgery and told me that he was not certain that even invitro would help me conceive. My advice to anyone reading this review is to do your research and know that doctors are fallible. Pray about any decisions you're going to make and trust God to guide you.
Dr. Schreiber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Missouri Baptist Medical Center
41 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University
Graduated in 1972
Dr. James Schreiber accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4921 Parkview Pl, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. James Schreiber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.