Dr. James Schreiber Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Schreiber?

Mom and Wife

Posted on May 3rd, 2013

I saw Dr. Schreiber a few years ago for infertility issues involving endometriosis, ovarian cysts and fibroids. At first, Dr. Schreiber seemed helpful and positive. I'd had a previous laparoscopic myomectomy; this was done by another doctor (out of state) and it definitely helped with pain. I asked Dr. Schreiber if getting a second laparoscopy might be an option and he was adamant that the "risks would outweigh the benefits." His solution was invitro for fertility or a partial hysterectomy for pain. These both would not work for me and I continued to ask about the laparoscopy; he would not budge. I started seeing him only when I was in pain because I was getting nowhere. Finally, just when I was about to give up hope, I decided to look up my OBGYN who did my first surgery. He was still in practice! I went to see him (my insurance covered the out of state cost) against Dr. Schreiber's advice and I had a second laparoscopy; I was scheduled to have a laparotomy, but the doctor opted to do only the laparoscopy since he knew I wanted to conceive. Unlike Dr. Schreiber, he was optimistic and told me that I'd go on to have "lots of babies." Three mths later, I was pregnant with my first of now three girls! My first little one just turned 6 on 5/1 and I have an almost 4yr. old and a 2 1/2 yr. old. It makes me sick to think about what would have happened had I taken Dr. Schreiber's advice. Dr. Schreiber is nice, but go against his "infallible" advice and you'll see another side of him. I had to see him for my post op, since I could not drive back out of state and he (Dr. Schreiber) berated me for doing the surgery and told me that he was not certain that even invitro would help me conceive. My advice to anyone reading this review is to do your research and know that doctors are fallible. Pray about any decisions you're going to make and trust God to guide you.

Highly recommended