Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James M Schwartz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James M Schwartz has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. James M Schwartz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I'm not impressed with Dr, Schwartz. He's quick to toss out diagnoses that aren't always what the actual problem is. A mother knows best - so don't be afraid to disagree with any doctor you or your child sees. I had to bring my child back twice in order for him to diagnose an ear infection, needless to say, I wasn't the happiest of parents. I'm on the hunt for a more qualified pediatrician in the area.
Dr. Schwartz is an ok doctor. His bedside manner leaves a lot of room for growth. He needs to work on patience and being less dismissive. It appears he really dislikes giving specialist recommendations and will spend and exceeding amount of time attempting to diagnose an issue. It appears that frequent repeat appointments are the income of the practice. If an appointment runs long I have been told to schedule for another date.When calling the office he doesn't speak to patients, neither does his PA so you must leave a message. She tends to take 3-7 days to return calls IF she returns them.The receptionist isn't unfriendly, nor a bowl of sunshine, however she is efficient.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Schwartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. James M Schwartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMargaret A Sun Md, 1445 Wampanoag Trl Unit 205, Riverside, RI
Dr. James M Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, RI.