Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James A Setters has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
This dr is discriminating against people. look at other reviews before calling!!!!! the good ones must be wrote by the office. I called to make new apt because Athem Blue Cross gave me his name and office said they except insurance but had to ck with dr if he wants to except my husband as patient? What? why would he not? ummm we don't give him enough business? we are too healthy and he wants someone who will come every week? I had to call them cause they did not call me and tell me as they said.. No reason y that will not take, Dr just says no.. Well guess what, I work at local major retail and I will pass this on to all our customers!!
When looking for a new family doctor my wife and I read plenty or reviews. Seemed like Dr Settrs was good. He might very well be good but his staff is less than stellar. My wife called last week to ask if they were accepting new patients and they said YES. She asked if they accepted our insurance. The office assistant said she would check and get back to my wife. After a few days of not hearing anything my wife called the doctors office. The office assistant said that they would not accept us as patients. My wife asked if it was because they did not accept our insurance?? They do in fact accept our insurance but the office assistant would not reveal why we would not be accepted as patients. She said "We have the right to deny anyone we want" I don't have a problem with a doctor not accepting a particular insurance or not accepting new patients. But when both criteria have been met what other reason would there be for not taking us as patients? And then to not state a reason or tell us that they don't have to give us an explanation is unacceptable. Hopefully this doctor is competent but if someone can't get past the front office then his services are pointless.
Dr. Setters is by far the best doctor I have ever had. He will go the extra mile for his patients. Not only does he LISTEN to his patients, he CARES too. He's not just a doctor there for the pay check like most doctors I've delt with in the past are. I would highly recommend Dr. Setters to anybody looking for a new doctor. You can't find a much better doctor than him!
Phoned for appt.and was told they would call back after checking insurance. Two weeks later when they had not phoned I went to office and asked what happened. Receptionist rude and uninformed. Said they would not be taking us as patients and refused to give a reason. No explanation as to why they never returned the phone call except she was busy? Based upon office staff, I rate this doctor poorly.
Dr. Setters is the best family doctor we've ever had. We switched to him about 10 years ago and have never been sorry. He's gone the extra mile to help me many times and always treats me and my family with individual and personal attention. He helps us understand what's going on and answers our questions in a way that we can make sense of things (my kids love how he always seems to draw a picture on the chair paper to illustrate things).
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Setters is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Baylor College Of Medicine
Mc Lennan Co Med Ed Res Fn
Dr. James A Setters accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJames Andrew Setters Md, 477 Ainsley Ave, Yuba City, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Setters in this video.
Dr. James A Setters is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yuba City, CA.