Dr. James Shammas Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. James Shammas?

Inaccurate diagnosis and inept staff

Posted on May 2nd, 2015

The only reason I am giving 2 stars is the fact that he was thorough with testing. Other than that his diagnosis was off. Said I had alcohol withdrawl seizures. Tried telling him I drink only 2-3x a month.. I know from personal experience those seizures only happen to those who drink for weeks and months on end then try quitting cold turkey. Then the eeg specialist told me I didn't need an eeg( turns out they read the chart from last year) ... After that I got a call saying my eeg was normal(read from a different secretary) again read my chart from last year said I was normal.. Turns out i had abnormalities this entire time. You are responsible for your staff's action's Dr Shammas. I will never go to you again. You are far from thorough in your diagnosis only thorough in testing. I am generous in giving you 2 stars. AVOID at all costs if you are going for accurate seizure related diagnosis.

Great job!

Posted on April 6th, 2015

He was always there when I was ill , he is very smart and knows what he is talking about.

Best In Class

Posted on May 3rd, 2013

I have known Dr. Shammas for over 30 years. Best in class since high school. Literally. Valedictorian. Additionally, he was/is an outstanding athlete and historian. As a physician, he is brilliant, well-rounded, and listens to his patient's concerns. I highly recommend him.

Great neurologist

Posted on September 12th, 2012

I've been seeing him every 3-4 months for about 10 years for Botox injections for my dystonia--he's wonderful! He's never in a rush to leave--always has time to talk.

When other doctors failed, Dr. Shammas was there.

Posted on February 18th, 2009

I had seen other neurologists about my migraines before seeing Dr. Shammas. After a few typical meds were prescribed for me that didn't work I was basically given up on with the attitude that there was nothing more to do. Just suffer through the migraines. Dr. Shammas took the time to find new options and follow up with which ones worked, didn't work and partially worked. Then working withmewe found a regime of meds that have been keeping my migraines to just a small number over the last few years. Thank you for taking the time to really listen and help me.

Posted on June 28th, 2017