Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James F Shina Jr
Dr. James F Shina Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Youngstown, OH. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Shina is affiliated with ValleyCare Northside Medical Center and St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center. Dr. Shina has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James F Shina Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 25
I have been going to dr. shina for about 6 years now and he is a great and awesome doctor. He is friendly, very professional, accurate on his diagnosis, takes time to answer questions and is very knowledgable in his doctoring. I would recommend dr. shina to everyone i know. he is a young doctor so you should feel confident that he is up on current medications and procedures. I do not regret going to dr. shina one bit and i hope you decide to make him your doctor. i cant say enough about this man and for being so young he is not cocky and mr know it all like some doctors. i will be your distinct please to meet him should you decide to go with him. i truly trust him with my medical care and he truly helped me with urgent care one time i thought i was having a heart attack. he arranged a ambulance for me within seconds and i was taken to the hospital in record time. everything turned out fine since i was having a panic attack and not a heart attack thank god. please make dr. shina your doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2016, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015, 2010, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Shina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 2003
Northside Medical Center
Dr. James F Shina Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDaniel A Miller Md, 1450 S Canfield Niles Rd, Youngstown, OH
Dr. James F Shina Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Youngstown, OH.