Dr. James Shoot Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. James Shoot?

You'll be disappointed - highly

Posted on June 30th, 2015

So you like seeing photos of Freud? He will be glad to show you. He speaks in a language no reasonable person can understand and "lectures" on a white board with id ego super ego etc and has a strict routine he goes through talking with his eyes closed because I think he's recited this lecture for 30 years. Does not like you to ask questions. Talks over you. Makes you feel stupid and unhelpful for the mental health reasons you are there to get help for. Seems like he just likes to hear himself talk. Chronically late on appt times...30 min wait min after your scheduled appt time. Pass on this psych.

Posted on April 29th, 2015

Failed to listen to me prior to stating I was fine. Just unhappy.

Posted on February 16th, 2015

Dr. Shoot is an amazing psychiatrist. I had seen several before him and improved little. Within six months of seeing Dr. Shoot I was completely well and have been for 10 years. If I have struggles now and then I will go in for a one time appointment but have only done that twice in 10 years. He is a straight shooter and has his own approach but he is kind and caring and if you will follow his instructions you will get better.

Excellent Treatment

Posted on March 15th, 2013

Thank you, Dr. Shoot. Meeting with you was a life-changing experience. I'm so thankful I found you--a psychiatrist who actually counsels and talks to their patients rather than just pulling out a prescription pad within five minutes of meeting. We need more psychiatrists like Dr. Shoot.

Dr. Shoot changed my life

Posted on December 24th, 2010

Dr. Shoot represents a dying breed of psychiatrists who still believe in talk therapy and getting to know his patients before making any haste treatment plans. He knows that prescription medication means nothing without therapy, but also (readily) realizes the opposite for more serious cases. The only thing negative that anyone could say about him is that he is abrupt in his bluntness about your situation. He is a straight shooter, and while that may hurt your feelings or offend you initially, when you later reflect on your discussions with him, you realize that you were sensitive to his comments because they were true, and he was right. I saw him for five years and left the majority of our appointments feeling angry or unsatisfied. Once I opened my mind to his perspective, my healing was exponentially expedited. He planted a seed of mental stability that has enabled me to endure extreme tragedies with a clear head. He changed my life and he can change yours, too, if you let him.

Posted on October 25th, 2017