Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Siefer has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones (Ureteral Calculi)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Prostate Cancer
Showing 5 of 17
Diagnosis didn't seem accurate. Not getting much better with course of antibiotics, felt a little worse on day 7 or taking them. Pain is still there. Did not order bloodwork. And antibiotic he prescribed (cipro) is not one that is commonly listed as being prescribed for prostatitis. Haven't gone back for follow up yet.
I saw this Dr. twice. He was rude, insulting and not helpful. He was completely defensive to any questions, stated he couldn't help me. He had no interest in my medical problem and didn't even have any suggestions of what specialist I should see. I felt like he was demeaning in word, action and attitude. I am female. I not sure if that is one of his issues. His office staff was great. Nothing negative there. I would never go back and never recommend him.
I felt that I was merely a distraction during the office visits and while in the hospital. The doctor spent little time with me before my operation and no time after. In fact on one office call he stopped me asking questions regarding surgery and stated he had another patient and was too busy. He spent no time explaining what I was going to experience during surgery, had no bedside manner, and ridiculed me when my pain and anxiety peaked following surgery. He does not have the ability nor desire to make patients comfortable and has no compassion whatsoever. I fear that the $12,000 + procedure performed was incomplete which may result in my having to repeat the procedure at a later date. All and all it was a terrible experience and one that I will never entrust to him or the Arizona State Urological Institute again. I rated the staff high but cannot rate the diagnosis and technical expertise above one because I am uncertain the procedure will be successful in the long term. Ease of appointment was rated a two because of the electronic answering process that was flawed. You could never reach an operator and messages left took hours to respond to.
I am shocked by this patients perception.
45 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. James R Siefer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArizona State Urological Institute, 1445 W Chandler Blvd Ste A5, Chandler, AZ
Dr. James R Siefer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chandler, AZ.