Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James C Sloan MD
Dr. James C Sloan has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. James C Sloan has the following 9 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Disease
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Showing 1 of 1
Would not recommend
Self-verified patient of Dr. James C Sloan - Posted on October 27th, 2018
Misdiagnosed my husband 2 years ago by telling him his prostate cancer had spread to his rib and there was nothing they could do except give him Lupron. We refused the shot and got a second opinion from the Radiation Oncologist at IUH West who agreed with Dr. Sloan. We still didn't accept their diagnosis. Got a third opinion from Dr. Logie and found out the cancer had not spread. It was a rib fracture that healed. It delayed his treatment but we finally had Radiation treatments (a year after the misdiagnosis) for the prostate and thankfully he is in remission.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Dr. James C Sloan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. James C Sloan
Dr. Sloan graduated from the Vanderbilt School of Medicine in 1997. He completed his general surgery and urology post graduate training from Indiana University School of Medicine in 2003. He is certified by the American Board of Urology.
Locations & DirectionsNEAL T HOFFMAN PA, 1115 Ronald Reagan Pkwy Ste 364, Avon, IN
Dr. James C Sloan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Avon, IN.