Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James R Sohriakoff has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James R Sohriakoff has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. James R Sohriakoff has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
New to the area and called Dr. Sohriakoff's office with the hopes of establishing a primary care physician. First, the woman ("Sandy") answered the phone by saying, "Dr. S's office, can you please hold?" at which point I was promptly put on hold for 5 minutes. When she came back to me, I explained I wanted to schedule an appt and was due for my annual physical, lipid panel and bloodwork, etc. so I'd like to make an appt. Sandy explained that is not possible unless and until I come in for a "screening appt" to fill out a bunch of paperwork, list what medicines I'm out, then if the Dr. likes what he sees, they will schedule an appt for me, which is currently taking 4-6 weeks. I explained I have some current Rxs and could I get a script to keep those going, and Sandy said no. She then went on to explain to me that the Dr. will basically review my history and the medications I'm on to basically see if I'm the kind of patient he wants to take on. What the heck? I found the whole initial experience and first impressions insulting, demeaning and off-putting. Needless to say, I found another doctor. There are plenty of other primary care physicians who actually care about their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. James R Sohriakoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Family Clinic, 527 SE Baseline St Ste E, Hillsboro, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Sohriakoff, DO - Family Medicine in Hillsboro, OR, in this video.
Dr. James R Sohriakoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hillsboro, OR.