Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James A Spoto has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Hair Restoration
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Resurfacing
Showing 5 of 27
I was referred by my PCP but was not expecting to see this provider, I'm not sure how I was never told that I wouldn't be seeing the other provider in the office. We had already checked in and had been roomed at that point, I wanted the concert related to the referral addressed so we wanted anyways. We waited for 45 minutes before he came in to the room. He asked his questions and when you answered it was clear when he wasn't interested in your response when he started talking over you like you weren't talking. I don't appreciate disrespect. Sometimes it's just that personalities don't jive, I don't know that this is the case, he may be a wonderful doctor, we will not be seeing him again though.
I was refered to Dr Spoto by my primary care doctor. I was not impressed at all. He has bad bedside manners. He was very rude and would hardly look at me. He would blow me off anytime I would ask a question. The first words out of his mouth when he entered the room was "Why are you here?" When trying to explain, he would interupt by saying rudely "that has nothing to do with it." He only wanted to focus on one thing and one thing only and THAT had nothing to do with why I was there. I will not be returning and will be looking for another ENT.
16 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. James A Spoto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMetro Health Ear Nose And Throat, 1179 E Paris Ave SE Ste 100, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. James A Spoto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.