Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James R Spurlock III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James R Spurlock III has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. James R Spurlock III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James R Spurlock III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 17
Don't waste your time. Every time I go I see a different doctor. No one ever took the time to really see what was going on with me, Didn't seem to care. Not talking about pain meds or anything like that, High blood pressure, cholesterol meds. Just wondering why all the other doctors come and go must be some reason.
Staff was rude. Heard Dr. Spurlock talking about other patients in a negatvie way to staff and discussing their personal medical conditions. He seemed insensitive and not very confident in diagnosing me and was not willing to refer me to a specialist. He didn't listen well and just wanted to give me pain pills instead of finding out what was wrong. Too bad all the good doctors have chosen to leave Woodbury or too busy to get into and Dr. Spurlock is the only other option locally. I will drive or wait to get into the other practice in town. If you want dope he's your man, if you want cured move on to someone else.
Dr. Spurlock is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. James R Spurlock III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMountain View Medical, 370 Doolittle Rd Ste 1, Woodbury, TN
Dr. James R Spurlock III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbury, TN.