Dr. James M Stafford Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James M Stafford?

Migraines

Having had migraines for 45+ years, I need a neurologist who can help me manage them the best I can. Dr. Mark Stafford has filled that role nicely for at least the last 12 years. He is up to date on the latest treatments and medications. He monitors my headaches on a frequent basis and works at the same time to improve my quality of life. He is a good listener and sincerely interested in improving the lives of his patients.

Great Dr. - Very professional staff!

I was referred to this Dr. through the MDA in Florida. I have an undiagnosed form of muscular dystrophy and the Dr. have helped me greatly in getting me in the right direction of finding a diagnosis for my problem.

Fraud

He ran an expensive nerve conduction study on me, with a new machine he was using for the 1st time. Had me on the table for 2 hours while he spoke with technical service for the machine, trying to learn to use it. Then, Dr. Stafford didn't even know how to interpret the results. He said I was fine. I finally went to another doctor, who tried to interpret the test, and finally admitted the 'results' were inconsistant, unusable, and contradictory. I had to have the test again, which showed what was wrong. What a fraud. !!! Beware.

Doctor's Response

An EMG or "nerve test" was indicated to evaluate this patients symptoms. One of the cables of the new machine was defective resulting in degraded quality wave forms. Trouble shooting with the assistance of technical support eventually isolated the problem to this defective cable and it was replaced. The study was then completed with good wave forms. The controversy arose when her neurologists in New York requested a copy of the EMG report and in the report the poor wave forms due to the defective cable were not deleted as they were supposed to be. This cast doubt on the reliability of the report. If the poor wave forms had been appropriately deleted then there would have been no confusion. I completed a one year fellowship at a highly reputable program in electromyography or the EMG test. I am very familiar with the operation of these machines and how to interpret the results. To clear up any remaining controversy, I offered to repeat the test free of charge which the patient declined. I apologized to the patient for the inconvenience she experienced.