Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Stannard
Dr. James Stannard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MO. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Stannard is affiliated with Uab Medical West, University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic and Capital Region Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Stannard has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I transferred to Dr. Stannard a little over a year ago after a previous surgeon had tried to help with my chronic knee pain. I have suffered with degenerative knee disease for over 10 years, and I am only 27. I was pleasantly surprised when Dr Stannard and I met for the first time. He knew all there was to know about my previous surgeries on my knee, and how badly my pain was. He knew my file front to back, which read like a phone book. He spent about an hour talking and physically getting to know my knee. When I left, we had a game plan for my knee. I am certain I would not be walking today without him. He has been, and is still very much involved in my progress. His staff, especially Nichole Wilson, is always amazing, and very friendly. I feel like every time I am there I am seeing people I have come to know as close friends. I have recommended Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, and Dr. Stannard to everyone I know with orthopedic issues.
Dr Stannard performed my surgery in Columbia, Mo. He has done an excellent job for me. His staff is truly awesome! I am grateful for the nurses and their professionalism. A little more bedside care from physician would be nice. Overall, I am thankful for Dr Stannards accuracy and abilty to perform. Great job!
Dr. Stannard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Uab Medical West
University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic
Capital Region Medical Center
Missouri Rehabilitation Center
Columbia Regional Hospital
Curators of the University of Missouri
UAB Hospital, UAB Highlands
University Physicians Orthopaedic Clinic
UP Specialty Outreach - Jefferson City
27 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. James Stannard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1100 Virginia Ave, Columbia, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Stannard in this video.
Dr. James Stannard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.