Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Stempel has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. James E Stempel has the following 14 expertise
- Male Circumcision
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
Dr. James E Stempel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James E Stempel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I have been seeing Dr.Stempel for 18 years. He delivered my first son as the on-call Doctor and I was very comfortable with him and decided to continue seeing him as my OB/GYN and had a wonderful evening and much better experience with my 2nd pregnancy 1 year later with him. I never like going to the dreadful annual exam, but once I'm there and in the room, he visits with me for a few minutes before he performs the exam and then even visits a few mintes longer. He does an amazing job making me feel comfortable and answers all of my questions and is extremely professional with an awesome bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr.Stempel and his staff to anyone I know or is looking for the best Doctor to deliver their baby.
Dr Stempel convinced me I would need a TVT-O, he told me don't worry I always put it in loose. I trusted him. First thing he said to me after my surgery was " Don't be surprised that you'll have to cath yourself in the future. He deliberately put the TVT-O in so tight I could not empty my bladder for months, until I could find another doctor to remove it. He wanted to damage my urethra, and then I would needed to cath myself as he told me
i saw dr stempel for two of my pregnancies. he delivered one since he was not available for my first. he made an appearance and said he had 4 or 5 pts in labor and probably would not be available to actually do the delivery. he did not and i had several dr's coming into the room. i will not go back to see him again. i was extremely nervous at my appts. he can b rude,and laughs about some of the questions i had,with a roll of the eyes. bad bedside manner. not compassionate.
Dr. Stempel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. James E Stempel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Healthcare Associates Llc, 700 NE Multnomah St Ste 1600, Portland, OR
Dr. James E Stempel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.