Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Telfer has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I was going to have to wait 7 weeks to see my specialist at U of M. Dr Telfer got me in THE NEXT DAY! Very professional, personable and thorough. Dr Telfer listened to me, took time to explain options and included me in the process. The satellite Jackson Road office was clean, easily accessed and comfortable. He provided painless aspiration of my knee and let me know what to expect from my knee in the future. I'm a distance runner, and couldn't have been happier with my care today.
I had a knee surgery about 7 years ago. I was only 16 years old at the time. I had a soft tissue repair that lead my knee to absolute disrepair. My father at the time didn't know about the legal action that I could have taken. By the time I was 19 the legal statues were past. I would not recommend this Doctor! He isn't fit for practice, and wished I wouldn't have had the surgery from the beginning! Typical Doctor doing surgery just to make money. AVOID at all cost.
My experience with Dr. Telfer was nothing less than fantastic. The facilities were immaculate, and the quality of care was unparalleled. I felt very comfortable during my short stay, and my surgery was a complete success. Rehab has gone swimmingly, and I feel almost like brand new. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Telfer, I'll allow his hands of god to speak for themselves.
Dr. Telfer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dr. James L Telfer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIha Ann Arbor Orthopaedic Specialists, 5315 Elliott Dr Ste 304, Ypsilanti, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James L Telfer in this video.
Dr. James L Telfer is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.