Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James M Tuchek has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. James M Tuchek has the following 10 expertise
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Vascular Malformations
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Varicose Veins
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Diabetes Complications
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Showing 5 of 18
I personally had Dr. Tuchek as my surgeon. He has a bedside manner that is rarely seen anymore. He is a straight shooter, is very honest, and makes sure that you understand the condition he is treating. Dr. Tuchek goes over and above to make sure his patients are taken care of, long after his duties of a Cardiovascular surgeon are over. Believe me, when it comes to your heart, it's a matter of life and death. He saved my life! He is an awesome surgeon, and I feel very lucky to have him as part of my medical team, and would recommend him to anyone and everyone I know.
Doctor did good job with my procedures, 7 years now and I'm doing fine. Never had a follow up appointment, just to take stitches out.I would recommend Dr. Tuchek, he's the best in region. It's a shame, for what he did and the time the surgery lasted the insurance company that paid him for the surgery was really not enough. People think that Surgeons make a lot of money for these procedures, absolutely false. People think doctors make a ton, well this one sure didn't.
My father had surgery with other doctor at MacNEal Hospital.Dr Tucheek was rounding. He presented himself as very rude individual."Home in 3 days"- all he has to say about my Dad. I have never met so superfluous insensitive doc. May be he is Big Professor - I do not know, but his bedside manners really need improvement.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. James M Tuchek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James M Tuchek in this video.
Dr. James M Tuchek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Munster, IN.