Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James A Tumlin has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James A Tumlin has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. James A Tumlin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James A Tumlin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Tumlin has been my doctor for over 12 years now and I am forever grateful to him for all of the time and effort he has given to me personally to get my body into remission. I see him for Dermatomyositis, Scleroderma, Sjogrens, Arthritis and a few other underlying diseases associated with autoimmune disease. I truly believe that I would be in a wheelchair today but for Dr. Tumlin and his progressive medical attention he has given me I am still walking.
Dr. Tumlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGeorgia Nephrology Llc, 595 Hurricane Shoals Rd NW Ste 100, Lawrenceville, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Tumlin in this video.
Dr. James A Tumlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.