Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James P Twesten-Otoole
Dr. James P Twesten-Otoole, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Muskegon, MI. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Twesten-Otoole is affiliated with Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center, Mercy General Health Partners and Mercy Health Saint Mary's. Dr. Twesten-Otoole has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James P Twesten-Otoole has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I would HIGHLY recommend and refer all my family and friends to him. He is a wonderful, caring professional who has only your best interest at heart. His concern is his patients not the $$. He is very thorough and communicates very effectively. Best advocate any patient can have! Sure, sometimes I have had to wait a bit for him but...don't you want him to take the time needed for you when you are there? I know I do. Keep up the great work Dr. O'Toole you are TOPS in my book.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Twesten-Otoole is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Grand Rapids Area Medical Education Center
Dr. James P Twesten-Otoole accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorton Family Practice, 3535 Park St Ste 110, Muskegon, MI
Dr. James P Twesten-Otoole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Muskegon, MI.